Skip to main content

Being involved...


Is it just me or does anyone else have trouble with dating when suffering from anxiety? I have had to sit it out for a while trying to figure out how to get back into the dating scene.

I mean do I like anyone? Of course and am I talking to someone? Damn right I am but with Leticia you can never really go beyond that. I find myself constantly overthinking and in fear of what the person might think if they find out about Leticia.

Not everything is as it looks with me because one minute we could be happy and in love but the next minute I am down and out not feeling like company or being around anyone at all.

Leticia has this thing where she keeps telling me that I am not good enough for the person or he is not going to be here for too long then I get scared and hold back.

Do you know how hard it is for me to go out on a date? As hard as building a rocket would be for an Accountant like me. First is the issue of dressing up, nothing ever looks good enough, secondly going out to a public space with large crowds and that's a no thanks for Leticia and me.

Lastly I have to go out and make nice with someone for hours talking about myself and there's not much to tell,  I am literally cringing as I write this because all of this is a lot for me. It seems like the world is expecting too much from me and I cannot guarantee that I will not fail.

My family and friends do not understand why I have not been involved with anyone for a while and I keep trying to explain that this is not by choice.

There's not a thing that I would love more  like being in a beautiful loving relationship where I do not have to worry about the person leaving me because of my meltdowns or being too clingy.

But since it hasn't been happening for me and the fear was very much at its peak I had to save myself and build barriers around me while waiting for someone who will come into my life and embrace both Leticia and I.

A person who is going to understand what I am going through without feeling like I am too needy or demanding because most of the time I am.

It hasn't been easy on my end but I am still a hopeful romantic and I hope that my frog will find me soon so we can both transform together. Him into a handsome prince and me into a much better candidate for a princess.

I hope things are going much better for you guys and do share your stories with us so we can learn from each other.

Until next time don't forget to BREATHE...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Leticia

I have recently reconnected with Leticia (that’s what I call my anxiety but don’t ask), she was never really gone but went away for a while. You see Leticia and I have the kind of relationship where one is the dominant and the other is submissive but you already know who’s who. Now let me introduce you to her and the type of person she is, I promise you will learn to like her. She is sassy, loud and has a bit of an attitude like I would see an outfit I like and all she will say is “that wouldn’t even look good on you” and I won’t get it because somewhere deep down I think she is always right. She is the honest type of person but way too honest but I promise you she is a nice person. Oh and did I mention that she is jealous? We’ve always been together and it has just been the two of us for a long time. Now imagine me trying to invite someone else into our space, she is having none of that. Leticia is the reason I don’t go out anymore because she doesn’t do crowds, she is the

The precious art of breathing

There are a few things people say to you when you are suffering from anxiety attacks,thinking they are being of help when it is quite the opposite.  When something is on fire you do not reach for petrol same way you do not tell a person having an anxiety attack to "calm down". Oh!  funny that you think I am overreacting when my mind is experiencing something close to a malfunction and my lungs are just giving up on me therefore I cannot breathe. It is understandable not to know how to help or react when one is having an attack but stop trying too  hard, maybe just hold them tight.  While telling them everything is fine or everything is going to be alright. That is all they need in that moment, to be comforted and reassured. We often master the art of breathing to cope. You know the basic count from 10 to 1 then breathe in and breathe out. As simple as it may seem it actually saves us from a lot. I remember once when I had to go to a panel interview for a job that

Making the discovery

I started realizing that I have a problem back when I was in high school. Where by rather than being out in the streets gallavanting in the streets with my peers getting up to no good, I was pretty much more comfortable being at home laying in my bed reading a book. My mom thought I was just a "nerd" but the truth is that I was really scared. I couldn't go out to face the world alone because I didn't know what will happen or what will people think of me or if I will be able to keep up a conversation for too long. I didn't know what it was called but I knew I had to have a problem because this was nowhere near normal.