Skip to main content

Chakra to the rescue

Chakra to the rescue


After a lot of time spent on research and finding ways on how to best manage anxiety, I have gotten to learn about Chakra therapy which I have to say it has become a thing to use for anxiety relief. 



What is Chakra?

I know like the rest of us you are probably wondering what Chakra means but lucky for you I did the much needed reading on the topic and I will share the information here with you.

Chakra is a Sanskrit word derived from the word "Cakra" which means "disk" or "wheel". It is believed to be a wheel of light or energy moving in circular motion in your body system.


There are 7 different types of Chakra as you would see on the picture above and when one of them is blocked, we get the feelings of fear and anxiety. 

In this post we will focus only on the Chakra that is mostly associated with anxiety and this particular one is your 5th Chakra known as the "Manipur a" or as I like to call it "Solar Plexus Chakra". 

It is located under your ribs and is a regulator of fear, sense of power and gut feeling and needless to say when it is out of balance you can feel fearful anxious or have trouble with eating well and mostly likely feel like you have no control over your emotions. 

According to this article I read on anxiety.org your 5th Chakra identifies with the color "Yellow"  and before you even ask, yes Chakra energy is color coded. The article mentions of the color can help regain balance of this energy when feeling anxious. 

It is said that you can do the following :

  • Wear yellow citrine crystal. 
  • Decorate your area in yellow
  • Add lemon to your water. 
It is as simple as that and it explains why I always feel lighter and overjoyed when I am wearing my yellow maxi dress or how I am drawn to sunflowers and why I enjoy my water with lemon besides the fact that water tastes horrible of course. 


How to free Chakra energy. 

As I have already mentioned above, regaining balance of your 5th Chakra has everything to do with the color yellow, so just a few more tips on how to use that to your advantage. 




I mean there is a lot of yellow for you to get around in the world but this last two tips are my favorite :
  • Sit around a bonfire or soak up all the sunlight you need outdoors. 
  • Eat yellow foods like corn, pineapple, bananas etc
Consider adding an element of yellow around the house for instance I have my bedroom walls painted yellow which is why I enjoy staying in because this is my happy place. Or you can add flowers. 


I have also found out that there are energy healers who performs "Chakra balancing" this helps with restoration of your Chakra energy to normal. It is a massage only you don't need to be undressed for this one. 

It focuses on the tension that is on the 7 Chakra energies through your body and it restores it. You just lie on the massaging table with your eyes closed and let the healer do their magic. 

I know I would be skeptical at first and along with my trust issues, I wouldn't feel comfortable laying there and closing in front of a stranger not knowing what they are about to do to me. 

Who wouldn't? But what they really do is move their hands in motion from head to toe focusing on each Chakra and the tension on it. 

The healer is barely touching you but you can feel the sensation on each Chakra as they massage it's energy back to a balanced state. 

This is not only good for relaxation but once done you feel much lighter and more in touch with your emotions. 

It is merely tapping into your sense of energy to restore emotional balance and that is how it can help with anxiety. 

Maybe give it a try or if you did and have more information on this please share your experience with us. 

Until next time reader, remember to breathe... 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Leticia

I have recently reconnected with Leticia (that’s what I call my anxiety but don’t ask), she was never really gone but went away for a while. You see Leticia and I have the kind of relationship where one is the dominant and the other is submissive but you already know who’s who. Now let me introduce you to her and the type of person she is, I promise you will learn to like her. She is sassy, loud and has a bit of an attitude like I would see an outfit I like and all she will say is “that wouldn’t even look good on you” and I won’t get it because somewhere deep down I think she is always right. She is the honest type of person but way too honest but I promise you she is a nice person. Oh and did I mention that she is jealous? We’ve always been together and it has just been the two of us for a long time. Now imagine me trying to invite someone else into our space, she is having none of that. Leticia is the reason I don’t go out anymore because she doesn’t do crowds, she is the

The precious art of breathing

There are a few things people say to you when you are suffering from anxiety attacks,thinking they are being of help when it is quite the opposite.  When something is on fire you do not reach for petrol same way you do not tell a person having an anxiety attack to "calm down". Oh!  funny that you think I am overreacting when my mind is experiencing something close to a malfunction and my lungs are just giving up on me therefore I cannot breathe. It is understandable not to know how to help or react when one is having an attack but stop trying too  hard, maybe just hold them tight.  While telling them everything is fine or everything is going to be alright. That is all they need in that moment, to be comforted and reassured. We often master the art of breathing to cope. You know the basic count from 10 to 1 then breathe in and breathe out. As simple as it may seem it actually saves us from a lot. I remember once when I had to go to a panel interview for a job that

Making the discovery

I started realizing that I have a problem back when I was in high school. Where by rather than being out in the streets gallavanting in the streets with my peers getting up to no good, I was pretty much more comfortable being at home laying in my bed reading a book. My mom thought I was just a "nerd" but the truth is that I was really scared. I couldn't go out to face the world alone because I didn't know what will happen or what will people think of me or if I will be able to keep up a conversation for too long. I didn't know what it was called but I knew I had to have a problem because this was nowhere near normal.